What is the permeability coefficient of geomembrane?
High impermeability coefficient—HDPE geomembrane has an impermeable effect unmatched by ordinary waterproof materials. HDPE geomembrane liner has high tensile strength and mechanical properties, and its excellent elasticity and deformation ability make it very suitable for expansion or contraction of the base surface. It can effectively overcome the uneven settlement of the impermeable membrane on the base surface, and the water vapor permeability coefficient K<=1.0*10-13g.cm/c.
Due to its good tensile strength, high impact strength, anti-penetration, acid and alkali resistance, heat resistance, weather resistance, wear resistance and other characteristics, anti-seepage geomembrane has been widely used in the construction industry in coastal areas. At the same time, it is also widely used in river dams, reservoirs, diversion tunnels, highways, railways, airports, underground, underwater and other projects. HDPE Geomembrane has become an important material for modern national economic construction.
Another important problem of the anti-seepage characteristics of geomembrane is that when it is used as an anti-seepage structure, when it works together with interface soil (or other materials such as concrete), due to uneven interface, coarser soil particles, and local soil deformation Larger, the HDPE geomembrana may be punctured and torn under the action of high water head, thereby losing or weakening its impermeability. Therefore, it is necessary to carry out the corresponding anti-seepage test.
The permeability of geomembrane can be expressed by permeability coefficient or water permeability. The former has the advantage of being easy to compare with the permeability coefficient of soil.
The permeability coefficient of geomembrane is generally small, but its thickness is also small, so its permeability can be fully reflected by water permeability. For reservoirs or channels, a small amount of water leakage has little effect, but for the isolation of pollution sources in environmental engineering, the requirements for water leakage are much stricter.
The permeability coefficient of the geomembrane is not a fixed value, but varies with the positive pressure on the geomembrane, and the general trend is to decrease as the pressure increases.
As the main body of the anti-seepage structure, the geomembrane is subjected to large (sometimes even huge) water pressure during work, and the geomembrane may be crushed by the water pressure at the pores of the support layer.
1. Chemical stability - HDPE pond liner has excellent chemical stability and is widely used in sewage treatment, chemical reaction pools, and landfills. High and low temperature resistance, asphalt resistance, oil and tar resistance, acid, alkali, salt and other more than 80 kinds of strong acid and alkali chemical medium corrosion
2. Anti-aging performance - HDPE anti-seepage geomembrane has excellent anti-aging, anti-ultraviolet, anti-decomposition ability, can be used bare, the service life of the material is 50-70 years, providing a good material guarantee for environmental anti-seepage.
3. Plant root resistance - HDPE impermeable membrane has excellent puncture resistance and can resist most plant roots
4. High mechanical strength - HDPE geomembrane has good mechanical strength, tensile strength at break 28MP, elongation at break 700%
5. Low cost and high efficiency - HDPE pond liner adopts new technology to improve the anti-seepage effect, but the production process is more scientific and fast, so the cost of the product is lower than that of traditional waterproof materials. To save about 50% of the cost
6. Fast construction speed - HDPE geomembrane has high flexibility, and has a variety of specifications and laying forms to meet the anti-seepage requirements of different projects, using hot-melt welding, high welding strength, convenient, fast and healthy construction
7. Environmental protection and non-toxicity - The materials used in HDPE geomembrane liner are all non-toxic and environmentally friendly materials. The anti-seepage principle is ordinary physical changes and does not produce any harmful substances. It is the best choice for environmental protection, breeding and drinking water pools.
8. Good welding effect - HDPE geomembrane adopts special welding machine to weld very well, the strength of the weld is greater than that of the base metal, and it is easy to construct
High tensile strength and excellent elasticity: HDPE geomembrane has high tensile strength and mechanical resistance, its excellent elasticity and strong deformation ability make it very suitable for expanding or shrinking the base surface, which can effectively overcome the uneven settlement of the base surface .
Good anti-seepage performance: HDPE geomembrane is made of high-quality high-density polyethylene virgin resin, made by co-extrusion technology, with high molecular density, extremely low liquid permeability, and excellent anti-penetration effect.
Simple and convenient construction, light weight, and easy transportation: HDPE geomembrane is light in weight, and the finished product is in roll shape, which is convenient for on-site laying and has high flexibility to meet the needs of different construction sites.
Excellent physical and chemical properties: HDPE geomembrane is anti-aging, anti-ultraviolet, excellent tear resistance, puncture resistance, low brittleness, small thermal deformation, good chemical stability, high and low temperature resistance, asphalt, oil and Tar, acid, alkali, salt and other chemical solutions.
Low cost and high comprehensive benefit: HDPE geomembrane adopts new technology to improve the anti-seepage effect, but the production process is more scientific and fast, so the product cost is lower than that of traditional product membrane; the actual calculation uses HDPE anti-seepage membrane for general projects To save cost 42%.
Health and environmental protection: The materials used in the HDPE geomembrane are all non-toxic and environmentally friendly materials. The anti-seepage principle is ordinary physical changes and does not produce any harmful substances. It is the best choice for environmental protection and breeding.
GERUI GEOSYNTHETIC is a professional manufacturer of HDPE anti-seepage membrane, HDPE geomembrane, bentonite waterproof blanket, providing HDPE anti-seepage membrane, geotextile, bentonite waterproof blanket, geogrid and other products R&D, production and construction.